Oral Health Day 2018
Thank you for helping out to make this day a success!
**Please note: General volunteers are asked to be flexible. Due to the unknowns of the project (client numbers), volunteers may be used in different capacities depending on the need. Volunteers could be asked to serve as place holders for clients, to file patient records, etc.
ALL General Volunteers:
Receive an email regarding which clinic you will be assigned and seating.
On March 10, 2018 report to New Alumni Hall for volunteer registration begins at 6:45 A.M. Please arrive NO LATER than 7:00 a.m. *Continental breakfast provided*
Volunteer orientation will begin at 7:15 in New Alumni Hall. You will receive information from your team leader regarding basic information about the event, a thank you letter, and your assigned seating.
At 7:30 a.m. report to your assigned seating in the varies clinics.
The Patient Registration team will stop taking patients at 4:30 p.m so clinics may close at 5:00 p.m.
Please stay to help clean up your area at the end of your shift.
Closing remarks and volunteer check-out will take place in the dental school lobby at 5:30 p.m.
NOTE: If you sign up for the afternoon shift (11:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.) please pick-up your welcome folder from New Alumni Hall no later than 10:30 a.m. Then report to your assigned station.
General Volunteers Positions
To ensure that volunteers and patients have the food/beverages that they need during project hours
• Assist the Food and Beverage Committee in setting up food distribution area • Prepare food for patients/volunteers
• Distribute food to patients/dentists
To ensure non-English speaking patients get the information and services they require
• Assist non-English speaking patients through the clinic process, providing translation services as needed
Patient Escort (manage patient flow)
• Assist patients through registration process, medical/dental screenings, procedures, and exiting the clinic
• Answer patient questions about registration process
• Collect necessary information for patient charts
• Direct patients to appropriate seating area
• Collect data as patient exits
• Ensure completed records are filed properly
Provide guidance for purposes of parking and other assistance as needed for attendees, staff, and others during MOM project events
• Guidance of vehicular traffic for parking in pre-defined and appropriate areas
• Oversight of a safe and secure area for attendees and staff in pre-defined parking areas
• Assistance through guidance and information for OHD project attendees
• Ability to stand for long periods and work in inclement weather
Position Description: Make sure everything is neat and clean after event has ended.